What are the Do’s and Don’ts of WordPress Design
WordPress is a popular platform for website design and development. Here are some dos and don’ts to keep in mind when designing a WordPress website:
- Do keep it simple: Keep your WordPress design simple and easy to navigate. Use clear and concise language and avoid cluttered layouts.
- Do use responsive design: Make sure your WordPress website is responsive, meaning it is optimized for different devices and screen sizes.
- Do use high-quality images: Use high-quality images that are relevant to your content. This can help to make your WordPress website more engaging and visually appealing.
- Do use white space: Use white space to break up your content and make it easier to read. This can also make your WordPress website look more professional.
- Do use plugins: Use plugins to add functionality to your WordPress website. This can help you to add features like social media sharing, contact forms, and search engine optimization.
- Don’t use too many plugins: While plugins can be helpful, using too many can slow down your WordPress website and make it more difficult to manage.
- Don’t use too many colors: Stick to a consistent color scheme that is consistent with your brand. Using too many colors can make your WordPress website look unprofessional.
- Don’t use low-quality images: Using low-quality images can make your WordPress website look unprofessional and low-quality.
- Don’t ignore website speed: Make sure your WordPress website is optimized for speed. This can include using a fast hosting provider, optimizing images, and minimizing the use of plugins.
- Don’t forget about search engine optimization: Make sure your WordPress website is optimized for search engines. This can include using relevant keywords, optimizing images, and including meta descriptions.
Have questions? Or need help developing your next Wordpres Website. We would love to help. Contact us today for a website evaluation.
The “Do’s and Don’ts of SEO” is just part of my creative, design and advertising philosophy. I would love to hear from you. Contact me with any comments or questions.
Jared Van Bruaene
Owner/ Creative Driver
Red Van Creative